Wednesday, March 26, 2008

To Protect And Serve.




When I hear the phrase " To Protect And Serve", I think of how the law is being enforced in my city, and if they really are living up to this motto. If they are, then why does it feel like our law enforcers primary objective is our wallet and not our well being. Maybe because we can find most police officers positioned in a location that's just out of a motorist view, but they're nowhere in sight when there presence is really needed. You might be thinking, there just keeping the streets safe from reckless drivers. There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005, 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed, About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States, one death every 13 minutes, so I'm aware of the fact. I just don't think that law officials have this in mind when they hit the streets. we've all heard of quotas having to be met, but I thought that we would have to wait til the end of the month to be subject to that type thing. I see it everyday during my morning and evening commute. I feel a little conflicted, because we need these traffic laws to be enforced, but while a officer is waiting in the shadows to catch a violator, he or she might be needed in a more serious situation.I don't know, you be the judge, but on the plus side at least we will know where to find them when or if we need them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true! those month end quotas are killing everyone out there! it is ridiculous! over the past week i saw so many cops in just ONE street it was disgusting!

GlitterGirlGB said...

They will stop you for any reason just to reach their quota.

GlitterGirlGB said...

cool picture!!!!